Sunday, February 1, 2009

My New Hair Product Regimen: Giovanni Organic Hair Care


So last Thursday I went to Whole Foods looking for a Giovanni liquid hair spray that I saw there a while back. Imagine my delight when I realized that all the Giovanni products were on sale for $5.99 instead of $7.99! The Giovanni Direct Leave-in conditioner is now my fav leave-in conditioner, I use it when I do a flat twist-out or a regular twist-out. My hair always comes out very curly and moisturized. Being the product junkie that I am, I got:


  • Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor

  • Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo

  • Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner

  • Vitapro Fusion Protective Moisture Leave-in Hair Treatment

  • Direct Leave-in Weightless Moisture Conditioner

I had the chance to try all products on Saturday. I prepoo with the Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor for 15 min w/ heat then shampoo with the Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo. This shampoo looks and feels like silk! I found it good (I am not that much into shampoos), it does not contain any laurel sulfates. I deep conditioned w/ the Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner mixed w/ rosemary oil and castor oil. I loved it! It's a keeper! After rinsing the deep comditioner out, I detangled my hair in sections w/ Silken Child Leave-in Detangler then I applied the Direct Leave-in conditioner and proceed to twist my hair to air dry it. The following day after moisturizing w/ Silken Child Moisturizing Cream and sealing w/ Vatika Frosting, I found my hair to be in great shape! Minimal breakage occured and that was what I was looking for. I will this line of products consitently for a month to really see the results.


No comments: