Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Whipped Vanilla Chai Protein Tea Shake/Smoothie

I came across this recipe in Fitness Rx for Women aug 08 and tweaked it a bit.
I love Chai: it is my fav tea, I also enjoy a cup of green tea! So I was very please when they incorporated Chai with whey protein, yummy! Here it goes:
  • 1 Chai tea bag ( I use Tazo Chai from SBUX)
  • 1 cup of nonfat milk
  • 1 scoop of BSN Lean Dessert Protein Whipped Vanilla
  • 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (0ptional)
  • 4 ice cubes

Heat milk on stove or microwave and pour over tea bag and brew for 5 to 8 min. Cool in the fridge. Pour the milk into a blender, and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.

It reminded me of the Chai Tea Frappucino from SBUX, but this version is healthier and yummier!

It makes 1 serving. Each serving contains 1 milk and 2 very lean proteins.

No comments: