Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's ROWING Time!


When I go to the gym, I always find myself going straight to a particular machine such as the elliptical or treadmill because one, they are the most popular, second they seem easy, not complicated machines and third I’ve come to enjoy them. However, I’ve decided to try new pieces of equipment at the gym and learn what and how they can help me achieve my fitness goals. One such machine is the rowing machine. I was intrigued by it, saw others use it and decided to give it a try and to learn more about it. Verdict: I will definitely use this machine for my cardio work out! Researching about this machine I found these facts:

  • Rowing unites aerobics and resistive exercise slashing workout time in half. It triggers 86 percent of the muscles, stresses the heart and lungs, and overworks core muscle.
  • Rowing helps with fat loss, builds up curvy and sleek muscles, and builds stable core muscles that improves appearance and prevents back pain.
  • Rowing is a whole-body exercise that builds cardiovascular and muscular fitness. However, if done incorrectly, rowing can cause severe overuse injuries that can damage the back, hips, knees, elbows and shoulders.

So let’s give it a try and if you don’t know how to use this machine ask a trainer on duty(@ the gym) to show you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to learn to love rowing. We do it a lot in CrossFit. I'd never done before that. It is definitely a good workout but I'm still working on my technique. I need to get a more powerful stroke. We often row a certain distance for time and moving faster doesn't necessarily mean you are going faster with rowing (if that makes sense!)